The oldest and largest program honoring excellence in small businesses in Southern Arizona is accepting nominations through June 10, 2011. The Copper Cactus Awards, sponsored by Wells Fargo, begins it’s 14th year by celebrating small business’s commitment to the working environment, business growth, and community stewardship.
Businesses eligible for an award include:
- For-profit businesses
- More than two years in operation
- Locally owned and operated
- 250 or fewer employees
- Best place to work — Businesses that encourage and support professional growth, education, and development for employees.
- Business growth — Small Businesses that successfully tackle marketplace challenges.
- Community service — Businesses that demonstrate uncommon civic leadership.
- Small Business leader of the year — The Tucson Metropolitan Chamber of Commerce teams up with Wells Fargo to present the Small Business leader of the year award. This award honors exceptional leadership by a manager or owner who is active in the day-to-day activities of his or her company.
Awards will be presented on October 12,2011. To nominate a small business, download and complete the form. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (520) 295-4236.
What Southern Arizona small business do you know that needs to be recognized?